We want your experience as a patient at McMaster Family Practice to be a positive one. One way we achieve this is to provide you with timely access to your health care provider.
We do our best to give you an appointment within 24 to 48 hours of your phone call.
If you are booking a follow up appointment, we will find a time based on your health care provider’s next non-urgent availability, which may take one to two weeks to arrange.
If you have a health concern that cannot wait until regular clinic hours, there is still a doctor available by phone to help you.
Calling us will be faster than going to a walk-in clinic!
- Call us at (905) 546-9885
- Press #1 when prompted
- You’ll then be connected with our on-call doctor who can speak with you about your health concern.
24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
We’re here for you during all public holidays, including Christmas Day!
If you feel your health condition may be life-threatening, immediately call 911 for Emergency Medical Services.
When you call us outside of regular hours, the on-call doctor you speak with may book you into a weekend clinic.
This clinic is held at Stonechurch Family Health Centre in Hamilton at 1475 Upper Ottawa Street. Weekend clinics are from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, and some holidays.
You can also make an appointment to be seen in this clinic by calling (905) 574-1444.
Open Access means we leave part of each day open to allow for same day appointments to be booked. This ensures you get faster access to a doctor or other health care professional.
Follow these steps to book an appointment within 24 to 48 hours:
- Call us between 8:30 to 10 a.m.
- The earlier you call, the more likely you will get an appointment that day.
Follow these steps to book an appointment several days or weeks in advance:
- Call us after 10 a.m.
- Have a list of preferred dates ready to tell the receptionist.
Our Family Medicine residents play an important role in your health care.
Who is a Resident?
A resident is a fully graduated medical doctor who is completing an additional two years of education in family medicine. They work with a specific family doctor to provide you with the best health care possible.
How does that affect you?
They are typically the person you will see in the majority of your appointments. They will follow your care for the two years they are with the clinic.
Each resident is monitored by one of our family doctors at the clinic through cameras in the room. This allows the family doctor to give them feedback and advice on providing your health care.
Residents are one part of a larger team that works together to care for you and your family.
If you are a patient at McMaster Family Practice, call us to book your next appointment.
We are not currently accepting new patients at this time.
How we protect your Privacy:
- The physicians and staff at the McMaster Family Health Team treat your personal health information with respect and sensitivity in accordance with the Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA) and all other applicable laws.
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We conduct audits and investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that our physicians, staff and any other person who performs services for us protects your privacy.
For more information please review: Privacy Notice – McMaster Family Health Team